sammy

I had to re-install Windows on my computer. I used the 'recovery CD' because
that's all I got with my computer.
Now I would like to fax and it's not working.
Windows asks to insert the CD to finish installing 'fax' to my computer.
I don't have a Windows CD I only have the 'recovery CD'.
The 'recovery CD' doesn't work when installing Fax and I do not remember
what steps I went through before, to get this (fax) to work.
Any help on this?
Thanks

The installation of the Fax component requires files to
be copied from the Windows XP CD. If you do not have
a Windows XP CD, unfortunately you'll not be able to
install the Fax component.

Third-Party alternative:
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/overview.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Sammy" <Sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to re-install Windows on my computer. I used the 'recovery CD'
>because
> that's all I got with my computer.
> Now I would like to fax and it's not working.
> Windows asks to insert the CD to finish installing 'fax' to my computer.
> I don't have a Windows CD I only have the 'recovery CD'.
> The 'recovery CD' doesn't work when installing Fax and I do not remember
> what steps I went through before, to get this (fax) to work.
> Any help on this?
> Thanks

If your Fax Console worked before you reinstalled Windows, look for a I386
folders {\windows\I386 for example}. If you have a I386 folder, the folder
contains your original Windows XP installations files. When asked for a
Windows XP CD, browse to the I386 folder.

Don

Mighty fax is a great alternative.
Dannie