FBI Issues Malware Warning to Android Phone Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
@Robochump: The iPhone also has isssues and just because you have one does not make you no better or worse than someone that doesn't or someone that has another phone. Grow up as there's more to life.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Good thing I have an iPhone. Rain the iHate upon me now Droidsheep![/citation]
lol...true very true statement indeed....i also love my iphone :)

abbadon_34

Distinguished
So that means you are safe as your troll for your rich husband? So nice the FBI has moved from investigating murders and terrorists to protecting gold diggers who still don't know to not click on spam

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
i like how im reading this article and its surrounded by ads that say "MAKE 900 DOLLARS AN HOUR BY CLICKING HERE" and "THIS OLD BAG FIXED HER FACE WITH $5 OF STUFF AND DOCTORS HATE HER _ CLICK HERE!"

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I'd rather have Apple's closed system than deal with all the malware BS with Android.[/citation]

Well, I hope you're more than happy to torch your wallet than to be smart, go with Apple's loony map service, and risk having more features getting cut out.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]MAC_HATER[/nom]i like how im reading this article and its surrounded by ads that say "MAKE 900 DOLLARS AN HOUR BY CLICKING HERE" and "THIS OLD BAG FIXED HER FACE WITH $5 OF STUFF AND DOCTORS HATE HER _ CLICK HERE!"[/citation]

what ads? ;)

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation]In both scenarios, when the user clicks on the link to find out more....[/citation]
People haven't learned yet NOT to do this? You cant keep stupid safe from everything I guess...

I myself would hate to be the guy that had to write the 'warning' to people.
"Hey people are getting bad malware on androids"
"Hmm really? is it some bruteforce attack, or security hole being exploited?"
"No...they are clicking links that say 'Get rich now!' or 'Rich guys looking to marry you!"
"......really? your joking right..."

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]what ads?[/citation]

exactly. sorry toms, but this is one site i dont have on my adblocker whitelist. Why? the ads are hardly relevant, and theyre animated a majority of the time. Animated ads = nono

G

I'm glad I have a dumbphone.

For mobile, I have a laptop.
For home, I have a PC.
For a phone, I have a rock that I can throw at people.

Meh... same common sense needs to apply. It's a portable computer, keyword being computer. Modern version of PEBKAC.

Funny to watch the iTrolls coming out the woodwork, though. The fact that Apple has increased their ad-based "surveillance" with the latest iOS iteration doesn't seem to bother them a bit.
Pot, meet kettle.

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
This is nonsense. This is a commercial software package that is sold specifically to government agencies for the purpose of spying on people.
FinSpy is a field-proven Remote Monitoring Solution that
enables Governments to face the current challenges of
monitoring Mobile and Security-Aware Targets that
regularly change location, use encrypted and anonymous communication channels and reside in foreign
countries.
Traditional Lawful Interception solutions face new challenges
that can only be solved using active systems like FinSpy:
· Data not transmitted over any network
· Encrypted Communications
· Targets in foreign countries
FinSpy has been proven successful in operations around
the world for many years, and valuable intelligence has
been gathered about Target Individuals and Organizations.
When FinSpy is installed on a computer system it can be
remotely controlled and accessed as soon as it is connected to the internet/network, no matter where in the
world the Target System is based.

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Usage Example 1: Intelligence Agency
FinSpy was installed on several computer systems inside
Internet Cafes in critical areas in order to monitor them
for suspicious activity, especially Skype communication to
foreign individuals. Using the Webcam, pictures of the
Targets were taken while they were using the system.
Usage Example 2: Organized Crime
FinSpy was covertly deployed on the Target Systems
of several members of an Organized Crime Group. Using
the country tracing and remote microphone access, essential information could be gathered from every meeting
that was held by this group.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]@Robochump: The iPhone also has isssues and just because you have one does not make you no better or worse than someone that doesn't or someone that has another phone. Grow up as there's more to life.Tom's Hardware[/citation]
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Well, I hope you're more than happy to torch your wallet than to be smart, go with Apple's loony map service, and risk having more features getting cut out.[/citation]
You guys do realize that he's just trolling and is probably another Android user right?

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]ExpensiveRock[/nom]I'm glad I have a dumbphone. For mobile, I have a laptop. For home, I have a PC. For a phone, I have a rock that I can throw at people.[/citation]
Same here.

My Nokia Mural has been holding up quite well, not as good as a 3310, but still pretty good.

Throw it across the room and the most that happens is that the battery cover might come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.