r_jackdaw

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
my B315 936 modem have this settings FDD / LTE band/frequency
not sure if this is the right forum section
which is which?
which one is best suited for downloading / watching video
which one is best suited for gaming
should i use a lower frequency or high frequency?

Last edited:
Solution
There is actually category for wireless carrier but you many people post here because it is watched more.

Pretty much the choice is more what is available to you in your area. FDD vs TDD is a complex question. In general FDD is considered better for many things but you may get higher download rates on some TDD systems.

There is no good LTE system for gaming. Any form of wireless will introduce random latency into a online game which can cause massive lag spikes. Gaming on LTE is very hit and miss. It can work fine and then the load change on the cell tower and it will be unusable.

The frequency again depends on what is available and is being used by the carrier. All depends on what company purchased what frequencies...
There is actually category for wireless carrier but you many people post here because it is watched more.

Pretty much the choice is more what is available to you in your area. FDD vs TDD is a complex question. In general FDD is considered better for many things but you may get higher download rates on some TDD systems.

There is no good LTE system for gaming. Any form of wireless will introduce random latency into a online game which can cause massive lag spikes. Gaming on LTE is very hit and miss. It can work fine and then the load change on the cell tower and it will be unusable.

The frequency again depends on what is available and is being used by the carrier. All depends on what company purchased what frequencies from the government in particular countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_frequency_bands

Solution
The lower the frequency the less that is absorbed by the air so it goes more distance. The amount of data you can transfer is more related to the width of the bands rather than the frequencies they run on.
Download/upload rates tend to be mostly configuration options so there is no set rules. There are so many variables involved there is no way to make general predictions.

Since it can be as simple as a large tree between you and one tower rather than a different tower the only way to really know now well stuff preforms is to try them and see unfortunately.

r_jackdaw

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
I didnt know it was so complex and complicated ...
since both network carriers here offer both fdd and tdd band/frequency, should i just set the modem to auto ? does it somewhat adjust dynamically ?

You generally have no control over any of this. It would be very unlikely the same ISP is offering fdd and tdd off the same tower. Different ISP might but it is unlikely a single ISP would because of the cost of radio frequency and the government trying to prevent one company from monopolizing the airwaves