FE Card VS EVGA Card

TrynaRockWitIt

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I'm buying a GTX 1070 ti but I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.
This build is for my brothers PC and since I know how to build a PC but don't know much about the items themself ( The minimal things ).
I was wondering if a $450 w/ Tax + Shipping from Nvidia.com ( Founders Edition )
or
would be more worthwile than a GTX 1070 Ti from EVGA $470-475 no tax or shipping fee
or, is it not worth it to buy a graphics card right now? (answer both questions if possible)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the Founders Edition is advertising lingo for a reference card. a single blower fan, stock reference cooling. stock settings. etc.

the EVGA is basically the same card with better cooling and some factory installed tweaks to boost performance beyond reference (FE) cards. two fans means a single fan will not kill the card should it fail. I always suggest a multifan solution for a GPU, the more the better IMHO. the dual fans spin slower and thus quieter than a blower/single fan. I would go with the EVGA out of the TWO you presented.

worth it or not, only you can answer that. its your monies. IDK what the future holds.