Feast on this Beast!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
K...I called it a toy because of the fun factor and not as a label for the machine. I want this to be a great machine. One that will shake the foundations of the very block i live on. hehe :)...Oh and by the way i'm going w/ a 920 cause I can oc to the upper class i-7s

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I'm sure you'll have a fine system once completed. You are looking at building a complicated rig with the various raid configurations with an incredible amount of storage. You state that you want to OC this system, you are choosing a good CPU but are you able to accomplish that? It does beg the question that does one who requires assistance picking a GPU or monitor or OS have the ability the properly setup and configure a tri sli and dual raid? This is not a slam or put down not at all rather I support your endeavor. Consider the task you are setting before you. The ram is a good start it should be fine, but think about doubling it later to 12GB. Get a raid controller card it will make your setup easier and better than the raid the MoBo has.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=raid+controller+cards

What about a SSD for the OS and your fav games and programs and a large fast storage and data drive?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2013240636%201421430849&name=128GB

What if and I'm just putting this out there for you to consider, what if you shopped around and got the "one" best GPU that would fit your needs to start with? At the same time research the best LCD monitor that would fit your needs, the one you mentioned had a 5ms response since you require speed why not choose a 2-3ms unit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%201309823867%20131061713&name=2ms-3ms

Adding monitors as you require them over time even if it’s a very short time. Same for the GPU See for yourself how well the one performs and then adding a second if it is truly required, you being the judge of the performance and need. Read several of the tech sites. They all have builder articles that discuss the problems and pitfalls to various hardware and software configurations on high end systems. Often times the reviews show that some equipment types and setups are more hype that actual performance. Use the benefit of real expert’s tech knowledge and the recommendations they make. Don’t buy a system just to shake the neighborhood, the neighborhood doesn’t care, get the one that fits your needs and wants. Lastly good luck with your build whatever you decide to do.

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

Hey thanks topper...I've been researchin this system for about 6 months or so...I have a growin budget tat is gaining a 5k plus load or more...any help on here wld be great...I appreciate it alot...