[SOLVED] Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Error 0x800703ee

commandovirus

Commendable
Feb 7, 2018
Dear everyone,

my feature updates to Windows 10 keep failing.

Windows 10 Update reports the following error:
Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Error 0x800703ee
8qnmehR.jpg

Manual Upgrade service reports:
We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10. Try restarting Setup.
dglsGtq.jpg

I think the problem somehow revolves around my Windows 10 installation being somehow mixed up with another Windows 10 installation on my secondary harddisk.

I think the UEFI-Bootloader is on the second harddisk and the harddisk 0 does not have a recovery partition. However I don't know how to fix this. See attached pictures for my HDD setup.
KcJkYiS.jpg

You can find my CBS folder here!

Any help is highly appreciated. I tried a few CMD-fixes, but to no avail:

sfc /scnanow
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth
chkdsk

I re-checked all steps you suggest before starting a new thread, but was not successful.

Please find my SFCFix Logfile below:

SFCFix version 3.0.2.1 by niemiro.
Start time: 2020-08-16 10:06:06.416
Microsoft Windows 10 Build 18363 - amd64
Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
SUMMARY: No corruptions were detected.
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.

Failed to generate a complete zip file. Upload aborted.

SFCFix version 3.0.2.1 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 0 datablocks.
Finish time: 2020-08-16 10:08:32.602

Solution
Thanks for the input.

I only have one user profile. So, if I understood you correctly, I should simply create a new (second) user profile and then delete my old "main" user profile?

I'll try that and let you know. Thanks!
Actually, your system likely has more than one profile, not just your user account. There are system and even application profiles. My issue was with one of those, not my user profile.

Trying from an alternate (new) profile did not resolve my issue (assuming you have something similar). I had to root out the offending profile from the registry (not for the feint of heart).

You may be better served by a fresh, clean install of Windows.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I had a single system that refused to update to 2004, while others updated easily/flawlessly. The issue, on the offending machine, was a corrupted user profile. Once removed, the system updated just fine (on that system typing this).

commandovirus

Commendable
Feb 7, 2018
I had a single system that refused to update to 2004, while others updated easily/flawlessly. The issue, on the offending machine, was a corrupted user profile. Once removed, the system updated just fine (on that system typing this).

Thanks for the input.

I only have one user profile. So, if I understood you correctly, I should simply create a new (second) user profile and then delete my old "main" user profile?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thanks for the input.

Actually, your system likely has more than one profile, not just your user account. There are system and even application profiles. My issue was with one of those, not my user profile.

Trying from an alternate (new) profile did not resolve my issue (assuming you have something similar). I had to root out the offending profile from the registry (not for the feint of heart).

You may be better served by a fresh, clean install of Windows.

Solution