Features vista vs 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to upgrade to Windows 7 when you buy a new system or possibly when you upgrade your hardware. But if you're thinking about just upgrading the OS and you have to ask whether it will be worth the money (which I take to mean that you don't have some specific feature in mind that you'd like to have), then I'd suggest that no, for you it probably isn't.

atomicdumpling

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
im on vista,is 7 really worth the money???????????
I would not spend the money to upgrade to Windows 7 unless there is something you need that Vista can't do for you.

Is your computer currently doing everything you need it to do? If so, then don't upgrade. 99% of people should not need to upgrade.

If you are building a new computer then buy Windows 7. Otherwise keep what you have.

cranbers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Personally I really enjoy windows 7 and its a great upgrade. The new task bar alone is worth it. Now add all the tweaks, performance improvements and 2 years of nook and cranny fixes and the question is why not upgrade? It's great and I won't go back to vista or xp now. Im spoiled.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
yes. well actually i would say yes had you had the option of gettin the $50 dollar upgrade during the promotional offer. But for the 100 something it costs idk. It's kinda on the edge of yes or no. Cause like what others said, what do you use it for? and what are your specs? A heavy computer user should prolly upgrade. But word, email, and browsing wouldnt necessarily justify it. unless your willing to pay for it. i think it makes me a little bit more productive. window management is greatly inmproved.

Phred Garvin

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
After running Win 7 64bit for a week, I am finding more and more value in the upgrade price. I purchased it for the $50 special pre-order price and at that cost it is VERY worth it. Im getting closer to the value of the normal price but havent gotten there yet. I find that Win 7 seems to run alot smoother with less odd wait times in programs both running and loading and the wear on my hdd's is much lower due to the adjustment of the pre-fetching in Win 7 as opposed to Vista. Dont get me wrong I liked Vista 64 but it was very unstable at times and seemed to hang longer than it should in odd places. Since Win 7 I havent had 1 BSOD and not 1 unusual, unexplained hang up. Multitasking is much smoother as well. Overall Win 7 is a much more comfortable, less frustrating environment to work and game in

Status
Not open for further replies.