Question FED UP with audio issue, Reset PC Question

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
SO.. Here we go...

I asked this question a few days ago and didnt seem to get an answer, which is fine... everyones busy i totally understand! sometimes it just doesnt happen! But im too the point now im fed up with my system.

I had a friend housesitting while i was on vacation, and allowed his son to game on my new PC.

when i returned, he had screwed with my sound settings SOOO bad to the point, bluetooth doesnt work (not even an external bluetooth dongle), NOR does the audio work through a USB, right now im using this HORRID Roccatt Juke USB sound card to split my audio and mic for gaming, however i just bought a arctis 5 Headset, and it WILL NOT let me use the microphone while its plugged into my USB ports. Ive tried front ports, back ports, everything.. and no dice. ID LOVE to get back to my expensive bluetooth headset but cannot get bluetooth to work, ive talked to gigabyte and weve troubleshooted for HOURS but nothing works!

so instead of fixing it, i have another question now

If i go to settings>update and security> Reset my PC......will it completely erase everything settings wise and give me a fresh install of windows?? and maybe thatll revert whatever this kid did back to default and be good from there? I understand ill have to reinstall everything which im completely ok with, but any chance in the world that it might work after???

for the life of me multiple people cannot figure out what the issue is, but we have to get it figured out, its an absolute nightmare trying to hook a DAC or Amp up let alone a simple USB headset like the Arctis 5..

any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

or if you know how to somehow revert sound settings back to default. other than starting and restarting audio services through admin command prompt, to give this one more shot before the reset, (or any ideas for that matter) ID REALLLLLY apppreciate that even more, cause itd save me hours trying to get the software and games and apps reinstalled!

Thanks in advance guys!

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
i have everything backed up to a NAS and an external SSD, but just wondering, do you think itll solve the issues im having?? and if i click keep nothing, will the data on the drives be erased also?

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
yeah ill disconnect the rest of my sata drives and leave the one m.2 SSD with the OS, just wondered if the motherboard will accept them back since they are formatted and have data on them from before the rest

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Easiest way to make backups is to not save anything worthwhile on OS partition, usually C:
Save on other harddrive or partition. I never have to even remember if there is something to save, I know I will forget anyway.
Drivers, game installs, other files. Steam games don't have to be downloaded again, just point at the folder the game is in (/steamlibrary usually).

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
do not ask me why, or for what reason, but went and seen exactly what was installed on that date, and it came up that my GPU had an update and the kid couldnt of possibly of known not to install geforce experience, but he did anyway not knowing... so i just uninstalled it.. BAM crystal clear audio from the mic, and i no longer sound like im on helium, or it doesnt work!