[SOLVED] Feedback needed on PC build - gaming / video editing / streaming

cactusj

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hello everyone

I was hoping to get your feedback on this PC build - a company will be building this for me (I don't have the time to build my own).

I will be gaming, streaming on Twitch, doing some video editing / YouTube video production and office work. The aim is for the PC to last 3-5 years, I don't mind playing games on lower settings in the distant future.

I am interested in whether you feel the components work well together, or whether I should be considering alternatives.

I am assuming that the Dark Rock 4 (not the Pro) CPU cooler would be sufficient for the Intel i7 8700k in the specification below.

The Dark Base 700 case seems to be a good quality case that is relatively quiet - enough for me to stream on Twitch without too much noise.

Specification:

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING Motherboard

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB Graphics Card

2 x 2TB Seagate ST2000DM008 BarraCuda, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache

Intel Core i7 8700K CPU

Corsair RM850X 850W Gold Modular PSU

Samsung 970 PRO SSD 512GB

2 x 8GB Corsair Module DDR4 3000Mhz Veng LPX

be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB, mid tower case, 2x 140mm SilentWings 3 Fans

2 additional fans (to the two that are already in the case): 140mm be-quiet! silent-wings 3.

be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Single Tower CPU Cooler

3 year onsite warranty

Windows 10 home edition.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
The only thing I could think of to improve or refine rather is possibly going with either a 1 tb SSD or possibly going from a gold rated to a plat rated PSU, other than that it seems like it would be extremely solid for what you are wanting to achieve and shouldn't have any problems granted that the build is done properly.

Water cooling would be very beneficial for the type of build you are going for as well, although not necessary, its something to look into in the future to keep those temps at a nominal value.

Also the only thing you would have to worry about upgrading in the future would be your CPU going with a 9 series would give you some of the best performance on the market as of right now, as far as longevity of your build...
Feb 20, 2019
The only thing I could think of to improve or refine rather is possibly going with either a 1 tb SSD or possibly going from a gold rated to a plat rated PSU, other than that it seems like it would be extremely solid for what you are wanting to achieve and shouldn't have any problems granted that the build is done properly.

Water cooling would be very beneficial for the type of build you are going for as well, although not necessary, its something to look into in the future to keep those temps at a nominal value.

Also the only thing you would have to worry about upgrading in the future would be your CPU going with a 9 series would give you some of the best performance on the market as of right now, as far as longevity of your build with most of the parts being top line and relatively recent your PC should last the better part of six or seven years before you'd even have to think about lowing resolution or graphical settings.

~Kyle

Solution

TRENDING THREADS