[SOLVED] Feedback on new build please.

Jul 25, 2020
I've been gaming on an old laptop for a couple years now and have finally mustered up the cash for a build.

Any necessary changes or recommendations for the build before I purchase it? All feedback is welcome.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM
Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H1 3.5 g
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced
CASE: ASUS ROG Strix Helios Atx Full Tower Case
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX

Solution
Older CPU gets matched by the i5 10600K, the extra paste is not needed, Way overpriced Drive, Buy like a 500GB M.2 drive for the OS and programs and a regular SATA SSD for games.

(prices really depend on where you live personally I avoid all Asus products because of the price increase for their one time good name you can usually find better parts for less money)

Case comes down to the looks you like but that is not a case I would consider buying.

Put your parts in here after changing the country you live in then copy and paste the permalink and post back you probably can do better for less or the same money

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Older CPU gets matched by the i5 10600K, the extra paste is not needed, Way overpriced Drive, Buy like a 500GB M.2 drive for the OS and programs and a regular SATA SSD for games.

(prices really depend on where you live personally I avoid all Asus products because of the price increase for their one time good name you can usually find better parts for less money)

Case comes down to the looks you like but that is not a case I would consider buying.

Put your parts in here after changing the country you live in then copy and paste the permalink and post back you probably can do better for less or the same money

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Last edited:
Solution