Feedback on this gaming PC

Sep 26, 2018
Hey guys im thinking of purchasing this gaming PC for myself and wonder if the PC gods could take a look. Isit it good enough to run high demanding games smoothly at hugh fps?
Intel 8700
Asrock H310 HDV
16GB 2666
480GB SSD
1TB HDD
600W PSU
Gigabyte GTX 1080TI 11GB
Tecware Nexus M
Windows 10 Home 64

Also, what is reasonable price that you would quote for this PC?

Solution
i mean... yeah, it is a good pc but i dont know if its an overkill aswel... What are you aiming on? If its for 4k 60 fps or 144 fps at 1080p its fine.
But if you are aiming for utlra graphics at 1080p with 60 fps its a total overkill.

Also, i wouldnt go for the 8700 since you are already throwing 460 on that CPU when you can just throw 60 more and you get the K version (8700k) which is much better.
Aaand i wont get by any chance a 480 gb SSD and 1 TB HDD. I would go for 120gb SSD and a 2TB HDD or 120 Gb ssd and 1tb HDD
the 600w PSU, which trademark and certification? Note that the PSU is a very very important PC component and much people tend to go for the cheaper one instead of looking for a quality one.

Judging by how this case is not available in the US market, I assume you are from another region/country with different market prices and currency. It's going to be tough providing a price quote for this because the cost of these components differ from market to market.

If you can specify each component's make/model (ram, ssd, hdd, psu) we may be able to provide an estimated cost in USD.

Ramlethal

Estimable
i mean... yeah, it is a good pc but i dont know if its an overkill aswel... What are you aiming on? If its for 4k 60 fps or 144 fps at 1080p its fine.
But if you are aiming for utlra graphics at 1080p with 60 fps its a total overkill.

Also, i wouldnt go for the 8700 since you are already throwing 460 on that CPU when you can just throw 60 more and you get the K version (8700k) which is much better.
Aaand i wont get by any chance a 480 gb SSD and 1 TB HDD. I would go for 120gb SSD and a 2TB HDD or 120 Gb ssd and 1tb HDD
the 600w PSU, which trademark and certification? Note that the PSU is a very very important PC component and much people tend to go for the cheaper one instead of looking for a quality one.

Solution

That makes no sense today. Having an SSD below 250GB is ill-advised. Most people will install apps and games to it, and considering the install sizes of latest titles, he will be lucky to install 1 game to an SSD and still have some space left. 500GB of SSD storage is a good amount.

I agree 120gb ssd is too small considering after formatting it and installing windows you'll be left with around 90 GB.

Here's an example game you won't be able to play with a 120GB SSD:

973a6cd0406bb64c8cd56b4daa36b4bc.png

Ramlethal

Estimable

Why would you install Games or anything else than the OS on the OS drive on 2018?
I mean, you can literally dedicate a whole Drive to your OS so you avoid most of problems but instead you install everything in the same place? Whats the point then?

It drastically improves loading times, not just loading up the game itself but anything loading the game does, like loading/saving progress, loading up a new area/map, etc.

Ramlethal

Estimable

No offense, but i see no dramatical improvement during loading times on my pcs.

I think its quite a waste of money considering prices between a 120gb and a 500gb one.

Ofcourse, everyone thinks and gives different usages to their pcs. For me its not quite an improvement and i prefear to move that part to other more relevant components (and more in the gaming case scenario)

The 500gb+ was never really suggested maybe a 240~256gb would be ideal enough.

Also why would you want a reduced capacity for such a small price difference:

120 - 128gb
4008ae48ab24e86a0b2feda5e9b3e7ba.png

240 - 256gb
b04fbd652ad206c15268700ca8bd769b.png