[SOLVED] Feeling a bit down with my current monitor and gaming sessions

insurgente

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
Dear community,

I'm currently using a 24" TN from LG (24GM79G-B) and my eyes are beginnig to ask for an upgrade.
It's like I have no inmersion when I play. And 24" feels now so small even at ~50cm.

Prioritizing stunning colors, contrast ratio and inmersion, what would be your best recommendation?
I could do 1080/1440. I know I will have to upgrade GPU as my current one is a RX 480.

I'm having a hard time deciding because I want a monitor that gets me back the "oh, I could play 24/7 on this" feeling.
Please help me get it back!

Thank you!

P.S. (I think) I'm not really into Nano IPS. They are like 130% sRGB but they just don't give enough nits for HDR capabilities (at least for anything under US 599$).

Solution
If you want a true upgrade, then go for an IPS monitor that is an ultra-wide. IPS offers the best colors of any panel type and the ultra-wide gives you a much better field of view when gaming. So you might want to reconsider IPS if you really want.

The LG 34WK650-W is $396.99 on Amazon and has AMD freesync.

The Philips 34GB1C is $547.90 and is also an IPS. However, unlike the LG's 1000:1 contrast ration, the Philips has a contrast ration of 3000:1, so you'll have much better contrast on the Philips.

mangaman

Honorable
If you want a true upgrade, then go for an IPS monitor that is an ultra-wide. IPS offers the best colors of any panel type and the ultra-wide gives you a much better field of view when gaming. So you might want to reconsider IPS if you really want.

The LG 34WK650-W is $396.99 on Amazon and has AMD freesync.

The Philips 34GB1C is $547.90 and is also an IPS. However, unlike the LG's 1000:1 contrast ration, the Philips has a contrast ration of 3000:1, so you'll have much better contrast on the Philips.

Solution