[SOLVED] Feels like I am still on old GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 3, 2020
Today I just installed my RTX 3070 ultra and it feels like I am still on my 2060
Low CPU and GPU usage. So far no games have made it above 45% on either
I have tried everything but it feels like I've blown money out the window completely.
Destiny 2 I am getting even lower frames for some unknown reason??????

Build.
Ryzen 7 3700X (I have 5800X but no thermal paste)
RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
ASUS TUF X570 mobo
G skill ram 3600 mhz 16g
EVGA gold 650W

I've spent hours on this and I have work tomorrow. Will come back later please any suggestions

Reactions: patboyle04
Solution
Aug 3, 2020
Your memory is only running at the default 2133MHz speed.
Go into BIOS and enable XMP/AMP. If you have more than one option enable only the first level for now.
XMP isn't available from what I am seeing. I updated BIOS to newest to see if it was available. Let me go ahead and look around to see what I can do.
It's called DOCP on my MOBO lmao let me go ahead and set it.

Aug 3, 2020
Welp system had to post in safe mode. So I had to revert
Let me switch the sticks around and see if that works
Not posting with the DOCP profile so i set the mhz back a tad and it did but nothing significant changed
I am starting to put 2 and 2 together here and starting to think its my RAM. This is the only part I haven't replaced on this PC and the same problem happened to my last build with these exact same sticks.
Could this be the root of a problem this significant or am I grasping at straws?

Didn't post
Could this really be the root cause?
Ryzen CPUs suffer more from lower memory bandwidth than Intel CPUs. It could be a contributing factor, yes.
Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default and making sure no overclocking or timings adjustment software is running in Windows? If not try that next. You should at least be able to run your memory at 3200MHz. I think there's something else going on.

Aug 3, 2020
Ryzen CPUs suffer more from lower memory bandwidth than Intel CPUs. It could be a contributing factor, yes.
Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default and making sure no overclocking or timings adjustment software is running in Windows? If not try that next. You should at least be able to run your memory at 3200MHz. I think there's something else going on.
I did that after updating my BIOS and nothing was crazy about the change.
Well we at least know the RAM is a factor in all this.

Aug 3, 2020
So I found out some good news so far. It wasn't faulty ram or anything.
I had the ram in A1 + B1 when for DOCP its supposed to be A2 + B2 for this mobo
Im gonna run some tests