Question Fell asleep and left game running for three hours! Any damage? Msi Gp63 leopard 8rf.

Tmansdc

Reputable
Jun 9, 2017
Was playing fallout 4 at 1080p max settings. Got tired last night and laid down. Fell asleep for two hours. Game was left running that whole time.

I had it hooked up to my 1080p 60hz sony HDTV. Used nvidia inspector to limit fps to 60 (60 fps is all I need) and vsync on.

When I woke up gpu and cpu were both listed at 78 Celsius being the max temperature recorded according to gpu-z. Throttle stop used at -.125 for core and cache, max cpu performance and geforce 1070 card set to adaptive for power setting. Cpu fan was around 3800rpm and gpu fan was 4800rpm. Fan setting was at auto and shift mode was turbo.

Could I have done any permanent damage? If so I'm ok because I've only had the laptop a week so I could probably rma it and get a replacement. I did not buy an extended warranty.

Also is there a program I can use that uses very little resources where I can set it up to shutdown the computer in 30 minutes if I fall asleep again but would bring up a message to delay or cancel the shutdown?

Thank you very much

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
Well, you should be just fine,, temperatures rose because of constant gpu and cpu load especially with laptops it can usually lead to laptop heating up. Just try to not let this happen again.

Reactions: Tmansdc

Tmansdc

Reputable
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah I try and usually only play really intense games like this for around 30 minutes give or take a few. That's why I freak out.

Yeah the fan running that high might not be great for the lifespan of the fan but better the fan wearing out than the gpu or cpu because fan would be cheaper and easier to replace. Dead cpu or gpu equals dead laptop.

TRENDING THREADS