[SOLVED] Few last parts for new build

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
So i "finished" im new gaming pc.
But i had a few questions i hope you all could help with.

So i have a old sound blaster card from my old pc xfi modle number sb0880.
I wanted to know if its worth putting in my new pc to use over the built in sound card. I know most these days dont recommend paying for one as few improvements but as its free. Also if the software features mught be worth it. The motherboard is asus prime x570-pro

With this motherboard theres the new usb 3.2 gen 2 connector for full true usb-c
My question is are there any front panels i can get that are just that as all the ones i could find also have usb 2.0 and 3.0 which those slots are already taken up on my motherboard so id end up with dead slots or needing to buy 9 pin spliters.

And finally
As we all know the rtx 3080 might not be buyable for months. Are there any good but very cheap graphics cards that would be good to hold me over till the rtx 3080 is back? Preferably somthing that can at least do some valve index games alright.

Thanks for any and all helpbon any of these 3

Solution
That doesn't mean anything. I've had a cheap 5.1 sound worse then my tv.
Its about the quality of the equipment and how good your ears are.

If you're looking for headphone then hitup guitar center and try on a few pair. Mine let me try all of theirs while connected to my DAC. so I could compare.
For speakers i just went with the Klipsch reference line. My ears aren't that good to warrant anything more expensive. I don't think they are good enough for these either but I do like the looks and only bought when they're on a good sale.

popatim

Titan
A: depends on your equipment and usage, Without better gear (speakers, headsets) you probably wont notice a difference. If you don't turn up the sound volume either then you may not notice a difference.

B: I don't see any either. I saw a couple claiming to be usb3.1 gen2 though.

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
A: depends on your equipment and usage, Without better gear (speakers, headsets) you probably wont notice a difference. If you don't turn up the sound volume either then you may not notice a difference.

B: I don't see any either. I saw a couple claiming to be usb3.1 gen2 though.
Well i have a full 5.1 sound system in the entertainment room.

popatim

Titan
That doesn't mean anything. I've had a cheap 5.1 sound worse then my tv.
Its about the quality of the equipment and how good your ears are.

If you're looking for headphone then hitup guitar center and try on a few pair. Mine let me try all of theirs while connected to my DAC. so I could compare.
For speakers i just went with the Klipsch reference line. My ears aren't that good to warrant anything more expensive. I don't think they are good enough for these either but I do like the looks and only bought when they're on a good sale.

Solution