Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have almost finished upgrading my PC's cooling.
I have bought P400a, and NH-D15S.
My motherboard: MSI MAG MORTAR B550M
Now, I want to upgrade cooling of my 1080ti, and I have to choose between accelero III and IV.
I am afraid that IV version will not fit into my rig, beacouse of CPU cooler, and I heard that I have to buy additional heatsinks for it, is that true?
I want to assemble it as simple as possible, so I think that i will go with version III.
Another question is - should I buy additional thermal glue, or something like that? Or maybe everything what I need to make it work already comes with the package?
I hope that you can help me, and sorry for possible language mistakes :)

Solution
Hmm...

I have to say that I am quite scared of not having heatsinks installed on VRAM's ಠ_ಠ
I can assure you - for the most part - that this has not been a problem, until GDDR6. Sinks and pads are fine to use on R5 and R5X, but are not a necessity.
I have been using a Kraken G12 + FD Celsius S36 on my 1080Ti(GDDR5X) Gaming OC since June without issue, housed in a CM H500P Mesh.
I can't speak for whether or not air alone provides enough cooling for R5X when mining though - that's why the 'for the most part' I posted earlier.

Hmmm, IV seems to be easier to install, but I am still afraid if it will fit with NH-D15S :/.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I heard that I have to buy additional heatsinks for it, is that true?
No.
The backside plate packaged with the Accel IV replaces the assortment of Vram and VR heatsink pieces that comes with the Accel III. Same function, different application; front Vs back.

Another question is - should I buy additional thermal glue, or something like that? Or maybe everything what I need to make it work already comes with the package?
Everything you need should already come in the kit, so no.
https://www.arctic.de/en/ax4
Installation Without Thermal Glue
Up to now the meticulous work of attaching different heatsinks with thermal glue was necessary. Thanks to the innovative back side plate this is a thing of the past. Without any thermal glue the graphics card can be returned to its original condition any time without leaving marks or residues.

https://www.arctic.de/en/ax3
Enhanced RAM and VR Cooling
The Accelero Xtreme III comes with 31 RAM and VR heatsinks to keep your RAM and VR at optimal temperatures. The thermal adhesive facilitates heat dissipation of RAMs and VRs and offers a strong and lasting bond.

Zacny

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
Hmmm, IV seems to be easier to install, but I am still afraid if it will fit with NH-D15S :/.
The other problem is price, III costs around 260pln here, and IV is 360pln... Is it worth paying more?
I have to say that I am quite scared of not having heatsinks installed on VRAM's ಠ_ಠ

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm...

I can assure you - for the most part - that this has not been a problem, until GDDR6. Sinks and pads are fine to use on R5 and R5X, but are not a necessity.
I have been using a Kraken G12 + FD Celsius S36 on my 1080Ti(GDDR5X) Gaming OC since June without issue, housed in a CM H500P Mesh.
I can't speak for whether or not air alone provides enough cooling for R5X when mining though - that's why the 'for the most part' I posted earlier.

That's an Accel IV with a D15S. The main difference here is the motherboard. The kit fits here, because the top x16 slot on the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 isn't the top-most slot on the board.

So, without a doubt, the Accel III is the only one that fits.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry, I thought that III comes with some kind of thermal glue for vram heatsinks :v
[Gave it another look-see.]
Ok, you're right, it is some kind of glue.
"The included small aluminum heatsinks can be attached (via thermal glue adhesive) onto any of the aforementioned model’s VRAM and VR (voltage regulator) sections."

I don't see the problem since it's specifically for this kit. But if you'd rather use thermal tape instead, nothing's really stopping you from doing that either.