Question Few questions about data security.

Jun 22, 2019
  1. If I add files to archive (rar), then I unpack them, files will be same as original without any data loss ?
  2. Antivirus is scanning files when I connect my HDD to PC and delete some files, because thinks they are virus. How to prevent it ? Is it good if I add password to archive and antivirus won't scan them (even won't scan them after entering the password to archive) ?
  3. Is it good saves all files in so big rar file (2 TB) or are they any problems with it?
  4. More tips to data security (expect backups) ?

Questions 1 & 3 : I only use .ZIP or .RAR to wrap files for sending via email, never for my data backups which I save without using any utility software.
Reason? --- .ZIP & .RAR or other proprietary backup archives can become damaged/corrupted so you risk losing everything that's inside it.

Question 2 : Check settings and options in your antivirus software to see if "delete" can be changed to "quarintine" when a suspected virus is found.

Question 4 : Always keep at least two backups on two physically separate drives (I keep four backups on four external hard drives).