Few Questions/Suggestions

elvisgardner

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
I have been fixing, repairing, installing and upgrading others computer, but I feel its about time to build one for myself (I want to give my current one to a family member as a gift).

I have a few questions though.
As far as CPU's go what is the best. I've heard a lot of debate about Dual vs. Quad. I'm leaning towards Dual, because Quad isn't used as much at this current time. I also read that most games run the same (except Crysis and the sort). I have also used Intel most of my building career, and again there's debate. Whats the best CPU for a gaming computer (MMO's and Installed games such as Sims, NFS. Batman AA, and so on)? I don't want to spend 1K on a Quad core if its unnecessary for a few years, I would cross that bridge later. Also which would be better, AMD or Intel. I know everyone is going to give a different answer but this will narrow it down.

From there I can choose the motherboard. I want to get a dual video card because my current Comp is hooked both to the TV and monitor, so I would like it to have HDMI.

I can pick out the TV tuner myself. A Sound card shouldn't be too hard based on suggestions of the other components. Hard Drives and Media drives I can take care of. I can take care of RAM

Oh best heatsink fan (again would depend on the type of CPU I go with), I have the case and PSU picked out.

Any help for this would be greatly appeciated.

Heres the link for my case and PSU: https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=16368328