Few years after PC and a year after gtx 1050 ti problems.

zackstayner

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
One after having my gtx 1050 ti my pc when under stress completely turns off and immediately turns on afterwards. All applications are shutdown causing me to believe that it's a power supply issue but I thought a thermaltake 750w bronze would do the job. The issue may steam from the cheaper motherboard being a MSI Z97-GUARD-PRO. I'm not sure what to do or where to start without spending a lot of money without knowing what I'm doing 100%. The longer the pc is shutdown the longer the pc goes without shutting down which is interesting. Any help would be appreciated for my problem. Thanks.

Specs:
MSI Z97-GUARD-PRO
Thermaltake Smart 750W Bronze
Intel i7-4790 cpu @3.60ghz, 4 cores
MSI GTX 1050 TI
Windows 10 64
16 GB DDR3 ram

EDIT:
After useful tips and ideas it has led me to believe that the issue steams from my pc stupidly being plugged into a power board instead of being connect directly into the power outlet. I shall come back if the issue persists after this but after a 25 minute stress test I believe that the issue is fixed. Thanks for the help!

EDIT 2: Fixed for a few days as it seems to be worse than before and I'm now just as lost as before but now I know it's based on my gpu.

Jun 27, 2018
My old PC used to do this. For me, it was an emergency shut-off due to my processor hitting max JT (junction temp), so your pc shuts off to save the components inside (so it doesn't burn up your board). Download and run Intelburntest and Core temp to see if its your processor (up your ram usage to like 8gb in intelburntest), and if your cpu doesnt hit max JT, then download afterburner and pull up your gpu temp and usage and run a stress test or a stressful game (where it uses 100% of your gpu usage)

zackstayner

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Thanks for the respones I had completely forgot about running running a stress test which allowed me to find that something relating to the gpu was the problem. It allowed me to think about my computer and setup which was sub optimal after further analysis. I believe the problem to have been that my pc was plugged in through a power board and not directly into the wall which should explain the resetting. I’ve run a 25 minute stress test for my gpu with the pc plug in directly into the wall and that seems to be the issue, I should see later today when I have more time to stress test the ever living shit out of it. So I believe the issue to be that the pc was plugged into a power board, I will update if the issue persists. Thanks for your help!