flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Told ya it isn't too far when it's coming out. Recently I sent an email to Envision monitor asking about an upcoming LCD, and if it'll use FFD. Here's the reply:
The response time listed on our spec sheet is Tr + Tf (Tr=16ms, Tf=7ms). And LM800 does not
use FFD technology. However we have a new upcoming 18.1" LCD Monitor with TV Tuner under
our Envision Brand which uses FFD technology. This monitor will come out around Sept 2002
timeframe. The model number is EN-8500.

Woopi!

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

jg1234

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2002
Flamethrower205,

Thanks for the update,

1. Is this an 18.1 inch viewable ??
2. Will it be good for gaming ?? ( i.e fast response)
3. How would we get the monitor ? - by mail ? - what store would carry it ??
4. Where did you hear the price ??

Thanks - jg1234

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
It's an 18 incher. Considering that it will be fit for TV (and that means things will be going at 60fps if dvd is used, etc.) the response time with FFD should be fit for gaming as well......their current 17" LCD that has TV Tuner is 20 ms response time, so this one will probably be that or even faster. You can probably purchase it online when it comes out, and I contacted tech/sales for the price and info. I'll ask a few more questions to get a full picture of it.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

NoTiG

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
ack!

Dear Joe,

I'm not sure where you got your information but the release date for that model has yet to be confirmed. Certainly not September.

Regards,

EPI, Envision Peripherals, Inc.

NoTiG

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
Hey,

His name is "Adam Swantko", I sent it about 4 days ago from my yahoo account. I was asking about the EN-8500 ....Yea, I live right next to DC :)

I'm not sure but customer service for some companies is very unreliable. For instance once my cable modem went offline, and I spent hours trying to get them to fix it, then I got a hold of one guy that knew what he was doing and he fixed it in 2 minutes.