Jun 24, 2021
I have a QLogic QLE2564 Fiber Card that doesn’t seem to be working with my server. I am running windows server 2019 on a Hyve Zeus V1 with a supermicro X9DRD-LF motherboard.

When installed, the card is not detected in device manager or when the system boots. All the lights on the card remain on even after boot. I have the card installed in the only pcie slot on the board with a riser. I tested it without the riser and still get the same results. I disabled the onboard gig ports through the bios and rebooted. That did nothing.

I don’t have another machine to test the card itself. Is there something in the bios I’m missing or needs a flash? Is the card not compatible or could it be dead?

Solution
I have a QLogic QLE2564 Fiber Card that doesn’t seem to be working with my server. I am running windows server 2019 on a Hyve Zeus V1 with a supermicro X9DRD-LF motherboard.

When installed, the card is not detected in device manager or when the system boots. All the lights on the card remain on even after boot. I have the card installed in the only pcie slot on the board with a riser. I tested it without the riser and still get the same results. I disabled the onboard gig ports through the bios and rebooted. That did nothing.

I don’t have another machine to test the card itself. Is there something in the bios I’m missing or needs a flash? Is the card not compatible or could it be dead?
I can't tell with that motherboard which...

kanewolf

Titan

I can't tell with that motherboard which CPU is tied to the PCIe slot. Do you have two CPUs installed?
Do you have ALL the power plugs connected? The manual says both 8 pint and both 4 pin power plugs are REQUIRED in addition to the 24 pin.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
There is only one CPU installed. The PCI-E slot is tied to CPU 2 which is not installed. I had to re-read the block diagram
That is always a possibility when working with a dual socket motherboard. At least you have a path forward.

If I had searched for the "-LF" motherboard name I would have seen the block diagram and would have known that two CPUs were REQUIRED. That is a very odd configuration. CPU1 is required to boot and CPU2 is required to have the one PCIe slot. I think I would look for a different motherboard, where there are slots mapped to CPU1.

Last edited: