Question Fidelio X2, DAC needed for TV usage and volume?

Footyslayer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a set of Philips Fidelio X2HR. I want to use these on my Samsung TV (model - UE40KU6000K).

The TV has no 3.5mm headphone jack. It has optical and USB. I have tried a basic DAC with no volume control on it and the headphones work. However the volume is very low and it cannot be lowered or made higher in any physical way.

Do I need a better DAC with volume control on the DAC? I was looking at the Fiio E10k but am not sure this will work in the way I want it to. Can anyone please confirm?

Or would a cheap soundbar with a 3.5mm headphone jack work, like this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundbar-T...oundbar+3.5mm&qid=1563721331&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Lastly whilst testing the headphones although the volume is low there were no issues, apart from Netflix which has loads of distortion. Any ideas in that at all?

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The soundbar you've linked, won't work since the ports on the soundbar are all inputs, per your device manual. Mind sharing the make and model of the DAC you're working with? One other option, if it has an HDMI ARC port, is to get an audio receiver and then have the audio pass through the receiver to your headphones but that will be a costly approach.