Question FIFA titles from 17 to 20 only runs on DX12 on my laptop and can't put it to DX11 (it crashes if I open it)

moehamm

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Specs:
  • Laptop Lenovo E560 (i7-6500u, AMD R7 m370, intel hd 520, and 12 GB of DDR3 1600MHz memory, 1366x768 monitor)
  • Latest drivers of everything (even bios).

Problem:
    The game crashes on DX 11, the laptop freezes and fans start to spin at fastest speed (BSOD), I have to restart every time I open it, then I switch to Dx12, it's unplayable, it's 20 FPS less than the DX11.
    How do I know? I connected the laptop to my TV and other monitor I have and it worked perfectly well at locked 60FPS no hiccups or anything.

What I tried:
    Tried many settings as disabling full screen optimizations and tweaks from GPU's control panel but nothing seems to solve the issue.

Now, I can't even change the resolution, the only option is the 1366x768. Just from config files and it still crashes.

• Note: it worked for sometime after using afterburner to decrease GPU Memory Clock. And ThrottleStop to decrease CPU voltage. But now even with them running it doesn't work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts