Fighting For Survival In 'The Division'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyier

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
I'm afraid this game will turn into a **** show like Destiny. 6 hrs of story and same ol' grind your balls off end game area for l33t l00tz. *lays down on the couch* It all started when I purchased a PS4 for Destiny. They.....they told me......I mean...Bungie....THEY MADE HALO right, how could they go SO WRONG!! I know they aren't Bungie but I have this sneaking suspicion it'll be similar.

It could be a huge hit for clans. I'm just a typical lone wolf type player, so without dragging people into it with me, I could see it getting stale pretty fast. Communities are what make the difference imho.

Its ubisoft... so why there are people who have high expectations from them is beyond me.
I am not saying that UBI will NEVER make another good game, but a good game would be the exception, not the rule in ubisofts playbook.

All those E3 hype videos are pointless, and even more proof of how much the companies are trying to get us talking about their games, so they get free advertisement.

In case some of you need any additional information, look at the videos of E3.
Everytime the guy who presents the game starts talking about how awsome their game is (we have full dynamic this, our advanced AI that) they try to sell something, because they cant show it.
A good example of positive looks would have been Fallout 4, where they showed some gameplay and some basic, yet improved stuff over the previous game (Thou the engine looks really bad for now).

Its ubisoft... so why there are people who have high expectations from them is beyond me.
I am not saying that UBI will NEVER make another good game, but a good game would be the exception, not the rule in ubisofts playbook.

All those E3 hype videos are pointless, and even more proof of how much the companies are trying to get us talking about their games, so they get free advertisement.

In case some of you need any additional information, look at the videos of E3.
Everytime the guy who presents the game starts talking about how awsome their game is (we have full dynamic this, our advanced AI that) they try to sell something, because they cant show it.
A good example of positive looks would have been Fallout 4, where they showed some gameplay and some basic, yet improved stuff over the previous game (Thou the engine looks really bad for now).

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
The only thing I was disappointed with in the E3 gameplay was the massive downgrade in textures. Which was immediately relieved when I found out the demo was running on the XBone. All the other frills were still there like DoF and AO.

As long as the PC users can crank the textures up it'll look great. Probably not exactly like the original hype trailer but it will be close.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001

Are you sure? Xbox one demo at E3 2013 were actually run on Windows 7...

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Pretty gameplay trailers that are as useful as renders / cinematics.
This is going to be such a Watch_Dogs fail.

I'm not interested in it until I see an objective review on Youtube.

Stop bragging, Ubisoft, you might make a fool of yourself, creating a GTA5 minigame, playable for about 2 weeks before you get bored and go back to your favorite MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.