Fighting with this problem for a year (desperate):Stuttering

pocketgaming12

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
So i don't know what is happening but it is getting worse and worse...
My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: Strix Radeon RX 470 4GB
RAM: DDR4 8GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury KIN
SSD: Transcend 220S 120GB 2.5" and a 3TB hard drive (TOSHIBA)
Motherboard: STRIX B250G GAMING

Here is my story:
So before a year there was an amd gpu update: of course i installed it because my drivers need to be up to date, and after i did that i was not able to play forza horizon 3 anymore, what I mean by that is that i was playing it smoothly, and after the moment i reseted my pc when my drivers updated and launched the game, i got extreme stutters and fps got below 20. I, of course was thinking it was the driver and just waited for a new one to be launched. After a couple of months, the driver came and I installed it. At that time i was playing fortnite when the notification came, so i exited the game and went to update, the setup was done, reseted my pc and launched fortnite, and boom extreme stutters.... I played on epic and now even when i change to lowest it still stutters, but the fps is like 150-200. It started happening in GTA V but only in online mode so i wasnt able to play on lowest even, but on far cry 5 it was all fine.... Battlefield 1 also strange multiplayer is stuttering but not single player. I of course first thought its my internet, but my ping is always about 15-20 so it cant be it. Second thing what was obvious is that it is the drivers, so i deinstalled the one i had and put the old ones before those two. It did not fix anything, I even installed a new windows (complete format) and put the old ones first but the stutter was still there. I don't understand why?!? People have told me that my pc is weak but that cant be the case how could it run fortnite before and now just in 5 min split it can't no more? Some told me it is my psu but psu can't make stutters, it can just turn off your pc right? So the last thing they told me it is my ram but how can it be my ram if i was able to play?They told me something about the page file but my friend has i7 nad gtx 1060 and 8gigs of ram and does not get any stutter, is it because his processor is better so it is faster with page files? Is it maybe the games updates that something changed so I need more ram or something? All parts are fine i even sent my gpu for checking. Nothing is running in background I even disabled the "invisible" windows update. I am becoming really desperate and i don't know what to do... Maybe take apart the whole pc and freaking build it again like its new?

pocketgaming12

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

Yes, i have money to buy one more same for dual channeling but it is alot of money for me so i am scared that it wont work because i did not have any problems before with this one...

There's a good chance single channel might be the source, but it's DEFINITELY contributing to the problem. You also should have a percentage of free space on the system drive for the page file. Upgrading the system memory will not only run your computer in dual channel, it will reduce the need for a page file as well, creating less disk I/O. Especially when you're playing triple A titles that use more than 8gb of system memory. So for you, there's multiples reasons to upgrade your memory. If the memory upgrade doesn't solve your problem, make use of the return policy. That's what it's there for.

Fortnite you have to limit the FPS otherwise it uses a lot of CPU and bottlenecks itself...
Forza is known for stuttering just look at youtube on how many videos there are about it,same for GTA V.
Those are just games that always have stutter and sometimes you are just lucky and they don't show for you.

pocketgaming12

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

Well we can say now i WAS lucky until now... But it is strange for it just to start happen it did not happen on my twice worse pc what I had before on gta V and now i can't on this half beast...