Question Fiio K5 Pro ESS not working with ps5

Bendik Aune

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2015
Fiio K5 pro ess not working with the ps5

The ps5 is connected to my monitor, hdmi of course. What device do I need for this to work? Upstairs, I've got a digital to analogue converter connected to an argon amp3245 and optical to the TV. No problem at all. Now, how would I replicate this? My monitor has no optical input, and I do not have the knowledge. I just want audio on my headphones, and my Bluetooth cans are not supported either? The dac is connected with USB when I use it on my PC. it seems that's not enough here. What do I need?

Lutfij

Titan
The DAC isn't wireless, so if you're expecting the headphones that are wireless to work with the DAC, it's not going to happen. Also, the DAC needs drivers for it to work, meaning that there's no support for the DAC on a console(in spite of the latest consoles being based on desktop pedigree hardware, although they're bespoke). This should be worth reading.

Can you please mention the make and models of all your audio equipment?

Bendik Aune

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2015
The DAC isn't wireless, so if you're expecting the headphones that are wireless to work with the DAC, it's not going to happen. Also, the DAC needs drivers for it to work, meaning that there's no support for the DAC on a console(in spite of the latest consoles being based on desktop pedigree hardware, although they're bespoke). This should be worth reading.

Can you please mention the make and models of all your audio equipment?
They are not wireless, my bad for not being clear. They are dt1990s