[SOLVED] File “system Volume Information” Is 135gb

Feb 6, 2021
Hello, I have been seeing my C drive (SSD) fill up rather quickly, I noticed in a day, it filled up about 5gb and I havent downloaded much.

I was wondering if this is normal, to have 135gb to system volume information? My whole C drive ssd is 500 gb. I don't have a system restore, it's at 0 bytes. its all from files

my treesize is showing 135gb on the system volume information file.

• If this is not normal and its too big, could it be a virus?
  • If I delete my system volume information, will it rebuild itself back up normally with less gb or virus deleted?

Solution
I was wondering if this is normal, to have 135gb to system volume information? My whole C drive ssd is 500 gb. I don't have a system restore, it's at 0 bytes. its all from files
System volume information is folder used by System Restore.
You can limit storage amount allocated to system restore. Set it to something like 5GB. That's plenty.
System Restore should be enabled on drive C: only. On other drives you should disable it.

Make-system-restore-use-less-disk-space-in-Windows-10-step3.png
You can limit storage amount allocated to system restore. Set it to something like 5GB. That's plenty.
System Restore should be enabled on drive C: only. On other drives you should disable it.

Solution
Feb 6, 2021

Thanks skynet,
what would happen if I set it to 5GB without disabling system restore?