I have an application looking for files on volume I:, but had to mount them
on volume D:. Isn't there a way to reallocate folders in XP to a virtual
drive number, ie change D: /photographs to I: Photographs? THat would
enable the database application to find it.'s referenced files. I can't use
the assign command because this maps the entire D: volume.

Thanks,

Dick W

"DickW" <DickW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an application looking for files on volume I:, but had to mount
them
> on volume D:. Isn't there a way to reallocate folders in XP to a virtual
> drive number, ie change D: /photographs to I: Photographs? THat would
> enable the database application to find it.'s referenced files. I can't
use
> the assign command because this maps the entire D: volume.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick W

subst i: d:\

Be careful with your backslashes - you used a forward slash in your post!

THANK YOU.

Dick W