File changes to New Name before I can Rename it

timbone86

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
Hello,
I have built my own pc from scratch for the first time. It is running smooth and great on windows 10. However, I noticed something that really bugs me. When I want to rename a file. Its like I have a 3 second window because when I hit the rename and I start to type it. The computer bings and it goes to New Folder as the name. Not only that, but when I load a bunch of picture in a file. I will scroll down and it will automatically bring me to the top of the folder. This is really bother me because it is like I'm clicking something without clicking anything. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet so I was hoping I could find some help on here. Thank you for any advice you can give me. I will give you the specs

Windows 10
16GB Ram
1 Tera C: Drive
2 Tera F: Drive
Radeon 7700 graphics card
Intel i5 3.5 Ghz

timbone86

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
I tried but it didn't change anything. Also, I realized this might be part of the problem (or an entirely new problem) but whenever I put my pc to sleep. It turns immediately back on without me touching the keyboard or mouse. Also when I have a bunch of pictures in a file. I try to scroll down and when I get to the bottom. I won't touch the mouse or keyboard. But for some reason it just makes it go to the top of the pictures in the list.