Question File Explorer crashing every 2 seconds

MattCer

Commendable
Feb 23, 2019
Hi!
I’ve been having problems with my computer for a few months. This is a post regarding some of the problems: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-accross-the-entire-os.3729305/#post-22490706

Today, I’ve found myself in a File Explorer crashing loop twice already.
Here is a video showing the crashing:
View: https://youtu.be/1IirzQUflgY

This is the crash report from event viewer:

Názov chybujúcej aplikácie: explorer.exe, verzia: 10.0.22000.120, časová značka: 0xe846e749
Názov chybujúceho modulu: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, verzia: 10.0.22000.132, časová značka: 0xdab57acf
Kód výnimky: 0xc000027b
Odstup chyby: 0x0000000000834110
Identifikácia chybujúceho procesu: 0x55f8
Čas spustenia chybujúcej aplikácie: 0x01d7cf2082c7ba64
Cesta chybujúcej aplikácie: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Cesta chybujúceho modulu: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Identifikácia hlásenia: c793b665-3547-4f93-ab27-560742fc71a7
Celé meno chybujúceho balíka:
Identifikácia chybujúcej aplikácie vzhľadom na balík:

————
Is there anything interesting in the crash report? What hardware component could be causing this?
I’ve already tried sfc /scannow and similar stuff. Also, this is on a completely fresh Windows install and I’ve been having issues with file explorer crashing in the past as well. Although I haven’t experienced these loops..

In my opinion when there are these types of issues on a fresh install of Windows it is related to either the RAM or the storage devise the OS is installed on. Have you tried booting with only 1 stick of RAM or doing a memtest? Have you tried a fresh install of windows on a different storage device?

MattCer

Commendable
Feb 23, 2019
In my opinion when there are these types of issues on a fresh install of Windows it is related to either the RAM or the storage devise the OS is installed on. Have you tried booting with only 1 stick of RAM or doing a memtest? Have you tried a fresh install of windows on a different storage device?
I’ve tried using another pair of RAM and also installed Windows on a different M.2 SSD. The result was the same.
Basically, I’ve replaced everything but the PSU in the computer - not all at once, but gradually (switched ram - didn’t fix the problem - swithed to the old ram….)

Is there a remote possibility that it could be caused by the PSU? Or maybe that 2 components could be faulty and that’s why I didn’t notice an improvement when replacing only one at a time?

I’ve tried using another pair of RAM and also installed Windows on a different M.2 SSD. The result was the same.
Basically, I’ve replaced everything but the PSU in the computer - not all at once, but gradually (switched ram - didn’t fix the problem - swithed to the old ram….)

Is there a remote possibility that it could be caused by the PSU? Or maybe that 2 components could be faulty and that’s why I didn’t notice an improvement when replacing only one at a time?
If you are still having issues even with have changed out all the parts you mind as well try another PSU that is a known good one. Before you do that though try a different wall socket in the house, make sure all the cables to and from the PSU are tightly fitted and firm, and check yo make sure your motherboard is on the latest non-beta BIOS.

MattCer

Commendable
Feb 23, 2019
If you are still having issues even with have changed out all the parts you mind as well try another PSU that is a known good one. Before you do that though try a different wall socket in the house, make sure all the cables to and from the PSU are tightly fitted and firm, and check yo make sure your motherboard is on the latest non-beta BIOS.
Well, I swapped the PSU and the issue is still present. I’m starting to think the computer is cursed or something :D

TRENDING THREADS