[SOLVED] File Explorer in Win 10 overtime became extremely slow

z3r0p0int

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hello, so basically over time my File Explorer has become extremely slow, from it taking a couple of more seconds to load up a folder to it literally taking 2-3 min. If i right click in a folder it sometimes takes 5 minutes for the menu to pop up and it also doesnt show icons nor previews of what the files are. Sometimes it doesnt load at all, so it stops responding and then restarts itself and works fine. Other times upong clicking on a folder nothing happens, then 30 sec to a minute later it loads the folder. Everything else on the pc works completely fine and has no issues. I've read quite a lot on how to fix these issues, but Im not sure if its an issue or the ram dying as i use quite a bit of heavy software for uni.
specs:
intel i7-6700
16GB RAM
nvidia geforce gtx 980ti
500GB Samsung SSD
1T HDD

Solution
Hello, so basically over time my File Explorer has become extremely slow, from it taking a couple of more seconds to load up a folder to it literally taking 2-3 min. If i right click in a folder it sometimes takes 5 minutes for the menu to pop up and it also doesnt show icons nor previews of what the files are. Sometimes it doesnt load at all, so it stops responding and then restarts itself and works fine. Other times upong clicking on a folder nothing happens, then 30 sec to a minute later it loads the folder. Everything else on the pc works completely fine and has no issues. I've read quite a lot on how to fix these issues, but Im not sure if its an issue or the ram dying as i use quite a bit of heavy software for uni.
specs...
Jan 10, 2020
specs:
intel i7-6700
16GB RAM
nvidia geforce gtx 980ti
500GB Samsung SSD
1T HDD

In my experience, it's always a hardware problem (Sometimes).. So when it happens just try this. //Use(Install) Crytaldiskinfo(not Crystaldiskmark) then you can check info on your SSD, Certain SSD have their own threshold on their working environment and mine happens to be 70-85 Degrees so look into it and try that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS