Question File explorer lists only titles that start with a number & none that start with a letter

Oct 30, 2021
I keep hundreds of photos in a folder on my Seagate auxiliary hard drive. Some have names that start with a number (e.g., 2007 July Boothbay Harbor sunset). Some have names that start with a letter (e.g., Sally's best friend).

When I bring up the folder in File Explorer, it shows only names that start with a number.

The only way to view ALL the photos, including those with names that start with a letter, is to start in Word and work my way up-up-up past This PC to Seagate.

Any idea why this happens, and how to be able to see every photo when I open File Explorer?

Oct 30, 2021
Ordinarily, when I want to see photos, I click on the File Explorer icon (it's an image of a folder, found at the bottom of the screen, near the icons for Chrome, Word, and other programs). Once I've done that, I click on Seagate drive and then on the Photos folder I created there. It shows only photos with names that start with numbers. No option I click under "View" changes that.

The only way I can view the list of photos within that folder that start with words (as well as those that start with a number) is to open the Microsoft Word program, click Open, then make my way higher and higher until I'm out of My PC and finally reach the Seagate icon. I open Seagate, scroll down to the folder I labeled My Pictures, and open the subfolder that contains whichever set of photos I wish to see.