Question File Explorer was slow so I tried troubleshooting several ways

cool09

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
This weekend File Explorer was slow accessing folders in my internal and external drives so I researched troubleshooting. (I have a docking station with 2 external hard drives.)
1. I ran SFC Scan to Repair Corrupt System Files in internal drives and found corrupt files and it successfully repaired them.
2. Then someone suggested I run chkdsk /r in Command Prompt. I did that and got the message: "chkdsk can not run because the volume is in use by another process".
3. I ran chkdsk from boot screen. I typed "chkdsk C: /r" in Command Prompt and ran it. I looked at Event Viewer and It said it completed Stages 1, 2 and 3 and after Stage 4 completed there was a message that said "File datafication completed. Unspecified error occurred (75736e......500). Failed to transfer logged messages to event log with status 6".
4. I did a clean boot and I really couldn't find any services that were slowing down my PC.
5. I ran chkdsk /r again and checked Event Viewer and it said "chkdsk was executed in scan mode. Checking file system on C:, Stage 1: Was not able to send command for self-healing due to lack of memory".

So I looked at Memory usage in Task Manager->Processes . Firefox is using the most memory and it's listed about 15 times! What does this mean? I have too many webpages open in Firefox? (I have a ton of webpages open in Firefox.) If I close as many webpages as I can in Firefox will this lower my Memory Usage?

And I don't know if I ran chkdsk /r properly. Last few days File Explorer has been working 100% but I still want to know if I have any bad sectors on my PC drive.

(I just tried inserting an image of Task Manager Processes here but it didn't work.)

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19045 Build 19045, PC Manufacturer is ASUS, CPU is Intel Core i5-10600K CPU 4.10 GHz 4104 Mhz 6 Core 12 Logical Processors, motherboard is ASUSTeK (Prime Z590M-Plus), RAM is 32 GB and Firefox 122.0.1.

Thanks for your help.