File History Crashes When I Click More Options

a9ch4f

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
I am currently trying to back up my computer to an external hard drive. I go to "Backup" located in "Update and Security" to get to this. Then I click "More Options" and the thing crashes. In case it helps
I'm using Windows 10 if it helps.

Solution
Hey there, @a9ch4f!

Have you tried swapping between the "Automatically back up my files" from 'OFF' to 'ON' and vice versa?
I'd suggest you use System File Checker (sfc) to see if there are any corrupted Windows system files. Open the Command Prompt (Admin/Run as administrator) and then type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
Another thing that might resolve the issue is using Troubleshooting from the Start Menu and then click on System and Security. Afterwards, click on System Maintenance and follow the prompts in the dialog by clicking Next.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @a9ch4f!

Have you tried swapping between the "Automatically back up my files" from 'OFF' to 'ON' and vice versa?
I'd suggest you use System File Checker (sfc) to see if there are any corrupted Windows system files. Open the Command Prompt (Admin/Run as administrator) and then type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
Another thing that might resolve the issue is using Troubleshooting from the Start Menu and then click on System and Security. Afterwards, click on System Maintenance and follow the prompts in the dialog by clicking Next.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution