File in use - cannot delete - how to delete?

There is a file in use which I want to delete, and I don't know what process
to exit to make the file deletable. It starts up when the computer starts up,
I have tried to reboot it. How can I find out which process the file belongs
to?

Reboot once, and then delete. Or, from Safe Mode. To know which
application is using the file, use Handle or Process Explorer from
www.sysinternals.com

Once you open Process Explorer, press CTRL-G and type-in the filename
that's locked.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E42535D-6ADD-42B4-A9D5-4631B61A8FE1@microsoft.com...
There is a file in use which I want to delete, and I don't know what process
to exit to make the file deletable. It starts up when the computer starts up,
I have tried to reboot it. How can I find out which process the file belongs
to?

I have tried Process Explorer, but I can't find the file there.

Joachim wrote:

> I have tried Process Explorer, but I can't find the file there.
Hi

In Process Explorer, try Ctrlf-F instead of Ctrlf-G (same as
selecting "Find Handle...") in the Find menu.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: