File Inheretance

peter

When I create a new user with the MMC (windows 2000 SP4) the homedrive is automaticly created. But the inheretance is not enabled. The Users-share folder has the propogate inheretance enabled and if i create a new map manually the inheretance is automaticly enabled.

Does anybode know how to enable the inheretance autmaticly upon a crreation of a new user account.

Peter

what do you mean the inheritance is not automatically created? when creating
the home folder on a share, if you are using the %username% variable, the
home folder should be created and the user given full control and ownership
to his/her home folder and any subfolders. are you using the %username%
variable or are you manually typing in the user name in the user's account
properties?

Dan

> When I create a new user with the MMC (windows 2000 SP4) the homedrive is
automaticly created. But the inheretance is not enabled. The Users-share
folder has the propogate inheretance enabled and if i create a new map
manually the inheretance is automaticly enabled.

> Does anybode know how to enable the inheretance autmaticly upon a
crreation of a new user account.

> Peter

peter

I create the homedrive using the %username% variable and the user is given full acces to his homedrive, but on the parrent folder i've set some additional rights for the helpdeskgroup with read rights and these rights are not inhereted (?) by the folder created with the %username% variable. I must manually enable this inheretance...

"Dan DeStefano" wrote:

> what do you mean the inheritance is not automatically created? when creating
> the home folder on a share, if you are using the %username% variable, the
> home folder should be created and the user given full control and ownership
> to his/her home folder and any subfolders. are you using the %username%
> variable or are you manually typing in the user name in the user's account
> properties?
>
> Dan
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I create a new user with the MMC (windows 2000 SP4) the homedrive is
> automaticly created. But the inheretance is not enabled. The Users-share
> folder has the propogate inheretance enabled and if i create a new map
> manually the inheretance is automaticly enabled.
> >
> > Does anybode know how to enable the inheretance autmaticly upon a
> crreation of a new user account.
> >
> > Peter

o, yes, by default, the home folder permissions will be set to not inherit
permissions from the parent folder.

Dan

> I create the homedrive using the %username% variable and the user is given
full acces to his homedrive, but on the parrent folder i've set some
additional rights for the helpdeskgroup with read rights and these rights
are not inhereted (?) by the folder created with the %username% variable. I
must manually enable this inheretance...

> "Dan DeStefano" wrote:
>
> > what do you mean the inheritance is not automatically created? when
creating
> > the home folder on a share, if you are using the %username% variable,
the
> > home folder should be created and the user given full control and
ownership
> > to his/her home folder and any subfolders. are you using the %username%
> > variable or are you manually typing in the user name in the user's
account
> > properties?
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I create a new user with the MMC (windows 2000 SP4) the homedrive
is
> > automaticly created. But the inheretance is not enabled. The Users-share
> > folder has the propogate inheretance enabled and if i create a new map
> > manually the inheretance is automaticly enabled.
> > >
> > > Does anybode know how to enable the inheretance autmaticly upon a
> > crreation of a new user account.
> > >
> > > Peter

peter

Ok, but is there a way to change this default setting, so that the inheretance will be automaticly enabled upon creation?