[SOLVED] file management software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
I need some advice on some free or cheap file management software. I have been using PowerDesk for years and I recently purchased it, which was a big mistake! I was running version 6 which was free indefinitely and recently purchased version 9 for approx. $40. The old and new version look and runs exactly like version 6. It is junk and I want a file management software that works like it does, but one that actually works. PowerDesk is set up with 4 vertical panes: file tree, folder contents, file tree, folder contents. That way you can easily copy files from one location to the next. I also tried a shareware copy of Total Commander, but I'm not going to buy it because I don't like the way it works. I also bought and tried GoodSync to try and sync up 2 different external hard drives, but it doesn't work either.

I don't like automatic backup. I am looking for some good file management software that is free or cheap and someone who has some suggestions. If you could point me to a link that would compare this type of software to other file management software it would be even better!

Thank you,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.