[SOLVED] File sharing on a network using 2 routers to create a seamless network

Feb 2, 2019
OK, here goes. I work in a shop and we recently upgraded to a fully integrated system for shop management. Our facility is pretty spread out, so we have 2 NetGear 6400v2 routers that overlap signal and I've successfully made it so that our tablets can (fairly) smoothly switch from one router to the other without any major hitch. However, I need to be able to see the "server" PC that is attached to the AP at the front counter via ethernet from the router in the back shop in order for the software to work. Currently, it seems like I've got 2 separate networks that can hand off to each other fine, but don't want to allow me to see devices that are connected to the other router/AP. To be clear, I have the one in the shop set up as the DHCP and it is running as a router. The front office router is set to operate as an AP and is set to utilize different channels than the other, but using the same SSID and credentials. Again, handoff works beautifully, but I seem to have failed in actually merging the networks as I cannot see devices linked to one router from the other (either direction). I'm wondering if my issue is that I need to force the AP to use the same IP address as my actual DHCP router or if I've missed the point entirely. Any thoughts?

Solution
I keep feeling like the answer lies in my IP settings. Currently, I have the AP set to dynamically obtain an IP from the router, but we are using a fixed IP at our location for various reasons. Also, I've seen information in other threads that kind of leads me in that direction. Have to leave the shop for now, but if anyone has insight here, I'd be deeply grateful.
Feb 2, 2019
I keep feeling like the answer lies in my IP settings. Currently, I have the AP set to dynamically obtain an IP from the router, but we are using a fixed IP at our location for various reasons. Also, I've seen information in other threads that kind of leads me in that direction. Have to leave the shop for now, but if anyone has insight here, I'd be deeply grateful.

Solution