[SOLVED] File Sharing Problem

Apr 22, 2020
I connected 2 Windows 10 pc with ethernet cable (CAT6), I did all settings and I gave full control to "everyone". I can see shared files but cant doing anything. When I cut or copy files, Im getting permission error. By the way sorry for my English and thanks for help.

Last edited:
Solution
You connected the two PC's together?

In order to do that you have to use Crossover cable. Most Ethernet cables you buy are straight-through cables. You'll have to make one or buy a crossover Ethernet cable.
Im using straight-through cable but I can transfer data with this cable. I fixed my problem with reset Ethernet adapter and set up all settings again.
Are you enabling the network share through advanced sharing on the HDD properties? One you do that you can check mark read and write privileges to everyone and you'll be able to access the drive through file explorer on the other PC.

\\whateverthehddiscalled and it'll connect you.

Apr 22, 2020
Are you enabling the network share through advanced sharing on the HDD properties? One you do that you can check mark read and write privileges to everyone and you'll be able to access the drive through file explorer on the other PC.

\\whateverthehddiscalled and it'll connect you.
I gave full control to "everyone".

I was trying with that settings. Im getting this error with that.

Apr 22, 2020
You connected the two PC's together?

In order to do that you have to use Crossover cable. Most Ethernet cables you buy are straight-through cables. You'll have to make one or buy a crossover Ethernet cable.
Im using straight-through cable but I can transfer data with this cable. I fixed my problem with reset Ethernet adapter and set up all settings again.

Solution