File system error (-1073741792)

JAYZ303

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
For some reason when I booted my PC today I couldn't access anything that needed administrator privileges such as elevated cmd or task manager and it gave me the error 'File system error (-1073741792)'. I have tried restoring to an earlier point but the problem persists. I tried using the windows 10 ISO media tool but I couldn't open that either. I don't know where this has come from. Thanks for the help.

Solution

Hello again JAYZ303

In that case, I would suggest you to try Resetting Windows 10 to Factory Defaults, of course without...

JAYZ303

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

Hi viveknayyar007,
I have tried both. On safe mode when I try to start the programs I get the error 'msutb.dll is either not designed to run or contains an error' but the programs start. I did sfc /scannow and it got to around 40% before it said it couldn't complete the process.

Hello again JAYZ303

In that case, I would suggest you to try Resetting Windows 10 to Factory Defaults, of course without removing your personal files from the PC. However, before you go for this, I would suggest you to re-run the SFC command see if the output varies this time. If the result is same, resetting Windows would be your best bet.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!! :)

Solution