The last time I rebooted my computer one of my hard drives became in
acessable it says their is no longer a file system! It was a fat 32 file
system!is their any way to fix this without reformating so I do not lose all
the information on the hard drive! I was able to scan it with a couple of
utilities that said all my information was basically still there! Any
information would be helpful thanks

frustrated fool! wrote:
> The last time I rebooted my computer one of my hard drives became in
> acessable it says their is no longer a file system! It was a fat 32
> file system!is their any way to fix this without reformating so I do
> not lose all the information on the hard drive! I was able to scan it
> with a couple of utilities that said all my information was basically
> still there! Any information would be helpful thanks

So this isn't your system partition, then?
What utilities did you use, and how did you run them if you can't access
this drive in Explorer?

joeP

"frustrated fool!" <frustrated fool!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:67D65166-2B06-4793-959E-72E882A8DB71@microsoft.com...
> The last time I rebooted my computer one of my hard drives became in
> acessable it says their is no longer a file system! It was a fat 32 file
> system!is their any way to fix this without reformating so I do not lose
all
> the information on the hard drive! I was able to scan it with a couple of
> utilities that said all my information was basically still there! Any
> information would be helpful thanks

Often, the more data goes poof at once the more likely it is you can fix it
'in place'. When the partition table woes an entire partition will
dissappear, when a boot sector woes the contents of an entire
partition/volume will be gone. Often partition tables and boot sectors can
be fixed using our tool DiskPatch.

If you create a logfile with the demo version and contact us through our
online forum we may be able to help.

You can create an analysis log as follows:
a.. Start DiskPatch
b.. select the appropriate disk
c.. go to [Tools] menu
d.. select [Analyze Disk]
e.. let the scan finish
f.. exit DiskPatch
g.. include the now created DP.LOG file in your support request
The disk analysis log contains information about the disk layout (partition
tables), the boot sectors of individual partitions and all components that
DiskPatch found during the disk scan.

More information on DiskPatch can be found @ www.diskpatch.com.

--

Kind regards,
Joep

D I Y D a t a R e c o v e r y . N L - Data & Disaster Recovery Tools

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl
http://www.diydatarecovery.com

Please include previous correspondence!

DiskPatch - MBR, Partition, boot sector repair and recovery.
iRecover - FAT, FAT32 and NTFS data recovery.
MBRtool - Freeware MBR backup and restore.
CHK-Mate - automated CHK file analysis & recovery