File Transfer Wizard

gutierrezdairy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Im trying to move microsoft office to my backup drive so I don't lose it after my motherboard upgrade. I've never used the File Transfer Wizard before and I want to know what happens exactly if I use it. Does make a copy of the programs or does it move them completely? I already have the product keys i need.

ZeGerman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hello gutierrezdairy,

According to your problem description, I assume that you do not understand how exactly the File Transfer Wizard (FTW) works. It is important that you understand that it will NOT copy entire programs for you, as this would leave the entire office suit vulnerable to be copied illegally.
The FTW is designed to simply copy any personal files such as the ones stored in My Documents etc. Providing you have the serial keys you should not encounter any issues reinstalling the suite onto your computer after the upgrade.
I have not used to FTW for a long time now, but I am pretty certain it will backup all the emails and word documents that you will want to recover back onto your new system. Please let us know what you are intending on backing up (eg. Emails, Word Documents, Spread Sheets).

Kind Regards
ZeGerman