Question File transfer

May 27, 2019
my office internet has unlimited data plan and much faster than my home internet which has a data cap, so is it possible to connect to my office internet even if my internet provider is different from my office's internet provider? and is it possible to download let say movies or games on my office then pass it to my home computer via software or any method without using my data cap on my home internet.

USAFRet

Titan
my office internet has unlimited data plan and much faster than my home internet which has a data cap, so is it possible to connect to my office internet even if my internet provider is different from my office's internet provider? and is it possible to download let say movies or games on my office then pass it to my home computer via software or any method without using my data cap on my home internet.
While it might be possible to connect to your office LAN via VPN (and assistance from your IT people), you'd still be using your home connection and its data cap.

So lets take example that is legal. You could go into work and let steam install a game onto the machine. You could then copy the files to a USB driver and take them home and copy them into the proper directories. It will work fine until steam decides the game needs a update and then you must jump though the hoops again.

As long as your work does not have a issue there should be no problems.

BUT if you think you can sit at home and somehow magically get this to work that is not going to happen. The data needs to get into your house and if you do not carry it in via the door it must come in via the network and that will eat you cap.

Reactions: Math Geek