I recently set up my files and settings transfer wizard via serial cable to
transfer files to a new computer both with XP. It said it'll take almost 4
days.....could this be right? Also it seems to have stopped after 70.99%
complete, although the wizard still shows the transfer in progress. Any
help? Did I do something wrong?

Transfer of data over the serial cable would be very slow. I'd use a network
interface instead, or store the data locally and transfer to another hard
drive by slaving it.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User