Files become corrupted after copying to SD card

santaghq

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I bought a new 16GB Samsung SD card.When I copied my photos to SD card from my android phone.The photos were successfully copied but when I tried to open them they became corrupted.Then I tried videos but they also became corrupted after copying to SD card.Can anyone help?

Honestly, with TF cards, I wouldn't mess around with them. If you can return it to the store, get an exchange. It's probably a bad card. During my 7 years of retail we've had enough DOA cards that it's not unheard of. Plus, if you're having problems now, my experience with microSD (also known as TF) is that it doesn't get better.

If you want to try, put it in its SDHC adapter and go to your computer. Format the card as FAT32. Re-insert into the Android device and allow it to format. Try moving data (COPY, DO NOT 'MOVE' or 'CUT'!!!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT. If you don't copy, you will move your only copy to a potentially bad card, and it will be sad days. I would retain your data on your phone for some time until you are certain a solution has stuck before removing it from your main storage.) onto the card. Ideally it will work. If it does not, you have a bad card, see step one.

That really is about the extent of troubleshooting that exists for these things. Format it, put it in, let Android format it. If it doesn't work, it's probably bad. If it's bad, return it and get a new one.

santaghq

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

santaghq

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I replaced that card and got a new one.But the problem is same,That was same type memory card that I replaced.
Also tried your solution but it didn't work.
Thank you very much for your response.
Is there any other method to fix it?

See if it holds up in Windows. Put a file on it and check.

I want to isolate whether it's a hardware or OS problem. Two dead seems really strange, but if you would, humour me.

Also, the reply button quotes me, but if you scroll below that, you can type a response and it all shows in one post.