[SOLVED] files missing after installing windows 10

ryanreppinb9

Honorable
Oct 20, 2017
So i have recently (reluctantly) decided to upgrade to windows 10 however instead of upgrading the version of windows on my old HDD in installed a new version of windows 10 on a new SSD. only problem now is a whole bunch of files are missing that were stored of the HDD in the desktop folder. wondering if theres something im missing or if windows 10 has immediately gone and <Mod Edit> up 5 years of data

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So i have recently (reluctantly) decided to upgrade to windows 10 however instead of upgrading the version of windows on my old HDD in installed a new version of windows 10 on a new SSD. only problem now is a whole bunch of files are missing that were stored of the HDD in the desktop folder. wondering if theres something im missing or if windows 10 has immediately gone and <Mod Edit> up 5 years of data
Your old desktop is on the HDD. That should be in the users folder on the HDD.
For safety and to not confuse the OS install, always have just the drive you want to be the C: drive connected when you do the install.

kanewolf

Titan
Your old desktop is on the HDD. That should be in the users folder on the HDD.
For safety and to not confuse the OS install, always have just the drive you want to be the C: drive connected when you do the install.

Solution