Question Files not going to recycle bin

strydez

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
Whenever i press delete, it asks me if i want to permanently delete the file, I would like it to go to the recycle bin. When I click recycle bin properties, the settings part is grayed out. How can I fix this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Was C drive swapped in from another PC?
maybe that explains the mystery?
Clearly something is wrong in the registry. some parts of the system know drive letters but not drive management?

5 efi partitions is confusing, wonder which drive bios is looking at.

curious how disk management isn't showing any of the really big partitions in the list in top, just all the little ones. Any drive with no descriptions are just ignored. Its just listing efi and recovery partitions are listed, nothing else. Nothing larger than 600mb

I don't know how that even works.

Last edited:
Hmm okay, how should I go about it?
That system is so messed up. :oops:
I count 6! EFI system partitions there. WTF? How did you manage to do that? and why?
System needs only single bootloader partition (not 6).

Perform clean install of windows with only single drive connected.
If you transplanted windows OS drive from some other pc to this one, then clean OS reinstall is highly recommended anyway.

D

Deleted member 14196

Whenever i press delete, it asks me if i want to permanently delete the file, I would like it to go to the recycle bin. When I click recycle bin properties, the settings part is grayed out. How can I fix this?

Remove all partitions, format the drive and reinstall windows

USAFRet

Titan
Yep.
Full wipe and reinstall.

Save all your personal files to some other drive.

Then...

Then, deletion of ALL partitions on ALL physical drives.
Start over completely.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it looks like at least 4 installs, one per drive. you won't gain much free space back but it makes drives more logical. you don't need all these partitions, 1 EFI, 1 recovery partition, every other drive just 1 partition unless you have a valid reason to split them up.

strydez

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
it looks like at least 4 installs, one per drive. you won't gain much free space back but it makes drives more logical. you don't need all these partitions, 1 EFI, 1 recovery partition, every other drive just 1 partition unless you have a valid reason to split them up.

I got 3 SSD 1 hdd. I partition the hdd by 4 to speed it up.

strydez

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
Can I wipe save the data of drive a to b, wipe a and repeat these for the drives that does not host my OS

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can I wipe save the data of drive a to b, wipe a and repeat these for the drives that does not host my OS
i assume the 1st wipe here was an accident, and you want to save data from a to b and then wipe a, and then repeat for rest of drives.

That should work.

i wouldn't put win 10 onto a 120gb ssd, better to use the 500gb. You may have already, I can't tell looking at disk management.

TRENDING THREADS