Files Not Showing on removed SATA drive from old laptop connected to new laptop with USB adapter cable.

DagmarSLNY

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
My old Asus g74 gaming laptop died due to a problem with the motherboard. To transfer the data from the hard drives to my new Asus laptop I removed the SATA hard drives from the old laptop and used a usb adapter to add the hard drives to my new laptop so I could transfer the data to the internal SATA hard drives. The old laptop used the Windows 7 OS and the new laptop uses the Windows 8.1 OS.

When I connect the old hard drives to the laptop via the USB adapter cable I am only able to view a very limited number of file folders (e.g. on one it is basically just a backup save folder I made for the game Skyrim and some Steam related folders - this is for the drive that doesn't contain all the system folders and Windows folders and other preinstalled files). The drive properties shows that the memory in use for the drives is consistent with what it was before my old laptop died so I am hopeful that it means the data is still there and I simply cannot view most of the files for some reason.

Any solutions to view the folders and files currently not visible so I can transfer the data to the internal drives would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you