files there but can't see

Mike

Splendid

On our Windows 2000 server, set up with terminal services and a domain
controller, we have shortcuts to Word and Excel documents that will open in
read-only mode. When I go to the location of the file, or search for it,
nothing appears. I checked the properties of the folder and nothing shows
hidden.

How do I find these files?

Perhaps you don't have the permissions on the folder in which these files
reside to view the contents of the folder, i.e. list contents?

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"ptwilliams2" wrote:
> Perhaps you don't have the permissions on the folder in which
> these files
> reside to view the contents of the folder, i.e. list contents?
>

> --
>
> Paul Williams
>
> http://www.msresource.net/
> http://forums.msresource.net/

Hi,

Word and Excel open documents in "read only" if they are already
open by someone else? Is the shortcut to the program or to a document?
Have you tried deleting the normal.dot?

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-files-ftopict350897.html