[SOLVED] Filling a small reservoir custom loop

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I have an EK res pump combo for my gpu block. Trying to make it more quieter, there is an air pocket about 1" in a tube when I power off. When my reservoir is off it fills up so I can't fill it from there. I tried topping off in the tube but can't fill it all the way.
I haven't installed a fill port yet.

Solution
Sounds like you have more air in your radiator. Run the pump with the top sealed, then tilt and rotate the system to see if you can dislodge the air a bit, then once it is, vent the reservoir and see if it will move there. If so, you should be able to work the extra air out relatively quickly.

What radiator(s) are you running in your loop? Just curious? What GPU? What block?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sounds like you have more air in your radiator. Run the pump with the top sealed, then tilt and rotate the system to see if you can dislodge the air a bit, then once it is, vent the reservoir and see if it will move there. If so, you should be able to work the extra air out relatively quickly.

What radiator(s) are you running in your loop? Just curious? What GPU? What block?

Solution

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
GTX 2080 Ti with a Corsair waterblock, EK XRes 100 DDC MX 3.1 pwm, EK Coolstream classic se 360 slim. i7 8700k is air cooled with a Noctua D15S. Thinking about getting a block for it, not sure which one, any suggestions? Corsair's look nice, but I don't have their rgb hub for the waterblock and fans, something I missed when purchasing.\
I'll try tipping it, then shutting it down, see what happens.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I tilted my case around, the tube connected to the radiator had a larger amount of air space so I filled it a couple of times. Right now it is running very quiet, thanks for the help.